Romina is an award winning director/writer/producer with works screened internationally over the past two years since her filmmaking debut in 2014.
She was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina where she began her artistic career as a classical dancer. At the early age of 15 she moved to NYC to complete her studies at the School of American Ballet and The Juilliard School, thus beginning the path that would eventually lead her into becoming a director as well as a Meisner trained actress.
In 2014, she directed How a Man Gets Ready (a micro-short film/spec ad she also wrote/produced/edited/starred in). Through this debut piece she was selected as one of the top emerging filmmakers of the year at SHOOT Magazine’s 12th Annual New Directors Showcase.
After its premiere, the micro-short went on to screen at over 20 venues worldwide including TCL Chinese Theater and Toronto's Carlton Cinemas. It also earned 22 awards and 4 nominations.
Romina's next piece was Bad Connections (another award winning micro-short film/spec ad currently in the festival circuit), right after which she wrote/directed/produced/edited The Visit: A 14 minute psychological drama short starring Academy Award Nominee June Squibb (Nebraska, About Schmidt) and Sean Maher (Firefly, Serenity).
The Visit premiered 09/10/16 at the Burbank International Film Festival where it was awarded Best Short Film by a Woman.
Having completed the screenplay for her first feature, Romina is currently in pre-production for her next short film.
My Latest News
Romina's awards/nominations to date include:
• SHOOT New Directors Showcase Honoree (2014)
• Best Micro-Short Film Award - Houston Comedy Film Festival (2014)
• Best Female Directed Short Film Nomination - Burbank International Film Festival (2014)
• Best Concept Award - International Independent Film Awards (2014)
• Best Commercial Award - California International Shorts Festival (2014 & 2015 for both ads)
• Best Micro-Short Film Nomination – Austin Comedy Short Film Festival (2015)
• Female Filmmaker Award of Excellence - Accolade Global Film Competition (2015)
• Best Micro-Short Film by a Woman Award – Lionshead Film Festival (2015 & 2016 for both ads)
• Best Comedy Micro-Short Film Award – Austin Revolution Film Festival (2015 & 2016 for both ads)
• Female Filmmaker of the Year Nomination – Austin Revolution Film Festival (2016)
• Best Short Film by a Woman Award – Burbank International Film Festival (2016)
How a Man Gets Ready (Micro-Short/Spec Ad): 00:01:14
Bad Connections (Micro-Short/Spec Ad): 00:01:00
The Visit (Short Film/Drama): 00:13:22
Film Festival History
Hollyshorts Film Festival
Burbank International Film Festival
Toronto Short Film Festival
Houston Comedy Film Festival
LA Indie Film Festival
New Filmmakers NY
Austin Comedy Film Festival
Austin Revolution Film Festival
Oregon Short Film Festival
Lionshead Film Festival